In this course, you will find tools that deal with the basic causes of anxiety and embark on a journey of freedom from anxiety disorder. You will enter into a state of peace that will bring joy and direction to your life.
1. Introduction – Understanding Anxiety, Effects, and the Biblical Approach
2. Spiritual Warfare, Taking Thoughts Captive
3. Biblical Instructions on How to Live a Life of Peace: How our Words Affect Our Life
4. Spiritual Forces and Standing Against Them
5. Unforgiveness, Harbouring Negative Emotions
6. Humility and Learning to Walk with God
Discover freedom from anxiety and depression using sound Biblical principles.
– Find rest in the midst of confusion
– Build a shield against fear
– Recognize spiritual strongholds
– Learn what it means to be free
– Pull out the roots of anxiety- How to choose happiness and joy
Have life, and have it more abundantly.
Anxiety disorder is a disorder that affects over 40 million people in America. Depression is something that many of us go through at one time or another. Even Christians can go through times where they feel very down and can’t seem to get out of it. There are usually two causes of depression: physical and spiritual.
In this course we are going to look at depression from a spiritual perspective and the weapons that God has given us to fight it. If you feel that your condition is physical, then please seek professional advice. This course is not meant to take the place of a doctor’s advice, but to give you some tools to help fight it.
First of all, let’s clear something up, God does not want you to be depressed and that is not how He created you. He created you to “have life, and that they may have it more abundantly” John 10:10b.
Why are depression and anxiety so common?
It’s no coincidence that as society has turned away from spirituality, depression and anxiety have become more commonplace. The deep peace and joy God offers us can’t be replaced by the short-term fixes our consumerist culture offers
Christians can suffer too
However, although our faith helps us deal with emotional problems, being a Christian does not make you immune from suffering with depression and anxiety.
When Christians feel down, they often feel guilty too, as they feel a true Christian shouldn’t experience despair or worry.
The Bible is full of examples of righteous people who experience stress, despair and suffering, so there’s no reason to feel guilty about feeling down.
Use this as an opportunity to grow!
While it doesn’t always feel this way all the time, painful emotions are often an opportunity to strengthen our faith and make positive changes in our lives.
Even if you haven’t experienced anxiety or depression yourself, you likely have a family member, spouse or friend who is a sufferer.
Who should take this course?
– If you desire change and want to start a journey to freedom
– If you have a family member or friend experiencing anxiety
– If you are a Christian who wants to know what the Bible teaches about anxiety and depression
Who shouldn’t take this course?
– Those who aren’t interested in taking a Biblical approach to life’s challenges